Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Limitations on Services Sold at Charity Auctions

Phyllis had a funny experience this week...

Don’t you think there should be a statute of limitations on services sold at charity auctions?

Ten years ago I sold a piano-tuning at such an auction, and the buyer never collected on it. Last week, out of the blue they called me to cash in on the service. I hid my astonishment and kindly agreed to do it tomorrow night, but it’s been five years since I’ve tuned a piano (I’ve had a career switch in the interim), and I’m not entirely confident that I remember how! I will be sure and tell her that so she can decide if she really wants me tinkering around in her piano! I’d hate to mess it up too badly…But I still can’t believe they called after all these years!

No comments: