Monday, December 21, 2009

Candles and Christmas Memories


It is the Monday before Christmas! What candle are you burning? I ask our For Every Body family this because many of us are particular about the "timing" of the scents we burn.

I talked to one long-time customer who said she alternates burning her sugar cookie, gingerbread and holly candles before Christmas, she then burns her Pine candle and cinnamon on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and then burns Pumpkin through to the New Year and then she switches to chocolate-flavored candles to help her live through her dieting for New Years! She says if she can smell it she doesn't have to eat it. As the years rolls on she switches to Pear as she get closer to spring!

I like to think that our For Every Body candles play a warm-scented role in people's homes. The tone of the season in a home being framed by the scents around you.

Scents remind me of memories. My favorite Christmas treats are chocolate chip cookies and caramel turtles. I burn our candles and I think of my kids wearing fuzzy pajamas with feet. I think of stocking-stuffers that include lip gloss, life savers and shampoo! I miss those years but the memories always come back as soon as I light the flame! Some of our kids won't be home with us for Christmas this year, but I will be thinking of them when I light the candles that carry the scents I love the most.

What candles do you burn at this time of year. I'd love to hear your stories . . . if you have a minute between the baking, wrapping and spreading of good cheer . . . please share them with me.

No comments: